Ingredients1/4 cup olive oil 1 lb. onions, sliced 2 lbs. sweet peppers, green or yellow, seeded, cut into strips 1 lb. ripe plum tomatoes, chopped 3/4 cup wine vinegar Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
2. Add onions and peppers.
3. Sauté over medium heat until onions are light golden and peppers have softened.
4. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper.
5. Simmer for 1 hour, covered, stirring occasionally.
6. Add vinegar and simmer uncovered until the excess liquid has evaporated.
7. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
8. Place in a bowl or jar, cover and keep in refrigerator for 2 days before using.
9. Serve cold as part of your antipasto.