Tuscan cuisine is appreciated all over the world for its fine natural and flavorful ingredients. Tuscan cuisine is all about the quality of the ingredients.
The basics of this dish may have come from the Etruscans who ruled the region for eight centuries. This recipe is based on a traditional recipe found in many Italian cookbooks published from the 15th
century to today.
Ingredients1 lb chicken breast tenders salt and pepper 3 Tbls extra virgin olive oil 4 cloves garlic, crushed 2 Tbls white wine vinegar 2 Tbls butter 2 shallots, chopped 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped 2 Tbls flour 1/2 cup dry white wine 1/2 cup beef broth
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, half the chicken pieces, and a couple of crushed cloves of garlic to the pan. Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove from pan.
4. Add remaining olive oil, chicken and garlic. Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove.
5. Add the vinegar to the pan and let it cook off.
6. Add the butter, shallots, and rosemary to the pan and cook 2 minutes, add flour and cook 1 minute more.
7. Whisk in the wine and broth, bring to a boil and let reduce for about 1 minute.
8. Return chicken to the pan and simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes to finish cooking.